Friday, July 23, 2010

Something has got to change!


Has anyone ever seen a picture of themselves that made them realize something has to change and that your mental picture of what you look like is FAR different than what the camera or picture says? Well, the above picture was that picture for me. I was injured around Feb 2009 and since then my activity has become dramatically more restricted (explains the cane in the photo). That being said, my appetite hasn't changed and I still eat like I am running 3mi/day and lifting weights. My weight has stayed pretty steady while my body composition has gone from muscular with some chub to all kinds of chub! I figured I would put this on my blog because I know I am not the only one out there dealing with something like this and there is something to be said for accountability.

Here is the plan. I will continue to swim 5 days out of the week but ramped up my intensity. Lift weights, carefully, 4 days a week, and recommit myself to eating clean. I was on this way of life eating until I lost focus. My acne even cleared up while I was doing it!! (For more information on eating clean check out http://www.eatcleandiet.com/ ) I will swear off daily weigh-ins and weigh in every two weeks. I will also take measurements every month to track my actual size and not rely on the EVIL SCALE to show my changes!!

Every week I will post on the challenges I faced and any slip ups. If you would like to join in on the effort to get healthy by all means email me or post to my blog. We will encourage each other. I will also design and make 2 gyms bags to send to the top two people who drop the most inches and one for the most pounds by Dec 1. I will notify you so that you can choose your color scheme and add embroidery of your choice. Let's get to work! We can do this.

Here comes the hard part....My stats. No one is required to release this publically. You can email me your numbers and I will keep them private.

Height - 5'10"
Weight - 226.0 GULP!!
Neck - 15.5
Arms - 15
Chest - 43.25
Waist - 39.5
Hips - 48
Thigh - 28
Calf - 15.75

No comments:

Post a Comment